Pragyaa - Frequently Asked Questions
Pragyaa is a complete brain tonic with 15 natural ingredients such as Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Mandukaparni, Jyotishmati, Jatamansi & others (please see the product composition). Pragyaa ensures complete impulse transmission between nerves to increase attention and memory, protects brain cells from free radical damage generated due to stress, regulates the production of stress hormones and induces refreshing sleep.
2. What are the major indications of Pragyaa?
Pragyaa is useful in the following conditions:
- Mental stress or anxiety
- Mild Depression
- Insomnia (sleep disturbance)
- Memory loss with aging (dementia)
- Improve attention & intellect (mental clarity)
3. What are the benefits of Pragyaa?
The benefits of PRAGYAA include:
- Reducing stress and anxiety (by improving brain chemistry)
- Increasing memory and intellect (by enhancing the attention span)
- Inducing refreshing sleep
- Reversing stress induced changes in the brain due to its free radical scavenging or antioxidant action
4. What is mental clarity and how does PRAGYAA ensure mental clarity?
Mental clarity means clearing off all the mental blockages that happen due to daily stress, anxiety or lack of sleep. To get mental clarity, it is important to clear out stress and negative thoughts causing mental blockages, and get sufficient sleep. Pragyaa ensures mental clarity by:
Increasing attention, memory and intellect via the following herbal synergies:
- Brahmi & Jyotishmati promote complete impulse transmission between neurons, which improves attention & memory.
- Shankhpushpi regulates the central nervous system (CNS) and ensures the coordination of the brain, spinal cord and neurons to improve memory and intellect.
Decreasing stress, anxiety and depression via:
- Vacha, an anti-anxiety herb in Pragyaa normalizes the overactive HPA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal) Axis responsible for the release of stress hormones (such as cortisol, dopamine, adrenaline) during stress.
- Shankhpushpi also controls the production of stress hormones to prevent their negative effects in the body such as a compromised immune system, reproductive system and digestive system.
- The free radical scavenging effect of herbs in Pragyaa safeguards brain cells from damage, ensuring better functioning of the brain
Promoting refreshing sleep via:
- Jatamansi, a cooling herb in Pragyaa, is a natural solution to get refreshing sleep. The antioxidant action of Jatamansi root helps reverse stress-related changes in the brain and induces sleep.
5. Is Pragyaa habit forming like other anti-anxiety or sleep-inducing allopath medicines?
Pragyaa is not habit forming as the ingredients in Pragyaa are all of natural origin and have beneficial effects on the brain.
6. Why is stress so harmful?
Cortisol is the stress hormone released in the body when one is under pressure. Cortisol's main role is in releasing glucose into the bloodstream in order to facilitate the "flight or fight" response. However, cortisol also suppresses and modulates the immune system, digestive system, blood flow and reproductive system (Please see the links mentioned below). Therefore, it is important to avoid unwanted stress. If the body is too intensely involved in dealing with stress, other biological activities in the body will be harmed in the process e.g. digestion, metabolism, reproduction and growth.
7.What is the normal dosage of Pragyaa?
Pragyaa is to be consumed in a 2.5 gram (1 teaspoonful) quantity twice a day, 30 minutes before your meal or as directed by the physician.
Consume with honey, milk or water.
For best results, practice meditation for 15-20 minutes two to three times during the day.
8. What are the diet and lifestyle recommendations to reduce stress and anxiety and improve memory?
Health guidelines to increase memory, combat stress, anxiety and depression include:
- Include walnuts, almonds, apple and honey in your diet to uplift your mood and avoid consuming stale food.
- Avoid sour food like pickles, lemon, raw mango, tamarind etc.
- Eat more salad, fruits and green vegetables and avoid spicy food.
- Drink plenty of water to flush toxins out of the body.
- Eat no less than three hours before bedtime and sleep at least six to eight hours.
- Pranayama and meditation is a must.
9. What if someone is already taking an allopath medicine for anxiety or insomnia (sleep disturbance)?
If someone is already taking an anti-anxiety medication or sleeping pills, they can also start taking Pragyaa twice a day.
It is important to note that the allopath medicines for anxiety or insomnia (e.g. Benzodiazepines – Diazepam) have severe withdrawal symptoms. People who are already on these medications have to stay patient to see the results with Pragyaa and try to phase out the other medications as soon as possible.
Pragyaa is a completely natural herbal powder containing well-researched herbs to nourish the brain and prevent anxiety and stress, without the damaging side effects of allopathic medications. Also, unlike allopathic medicines, Pragyaa is neither habit forming and has no withdrawal symptoms.
10. Is Pragyaa suitable for children?
Pragyaa is suitable for children above 12 years of age with a dose reduced to 1/5th of the normal adult dose. The dose for kids should be 1/5th of a teaspoon mixed with honey or milk.
Children below 12 years of age should not take Pragyaa.
11. Why is Pragyaa available only in powder form?
Scientific reasons behind the powder form of our medicines are:
- The powder form reaches the G.I. tract (digestive tract) and is absorbed faster
- The powder form contains no inactive or unwanted material (such as chemical binders & preservatives)
- The taste of herbs has therapeutic benefits; the action starts right after placing the powder inside your mouth.
We firmly believe in retaining the properties of the herbs in their natural form, and therefore we do not use the extracts of herbs. We have made all our products in powder form in order to avoid all forms of chemical binders and preservatives, which are not beneficial for human health. We understand that sometimes the powder form makes it difficult to consume the product, but the taste of herbs also has therapeutic benefits. It is good to have a bitter medicine for a short period of time and receive the benefit than to rely on a medicine with harmful side effects for lifelong!