This week we share a Spanish classic with a vegan twist - Vegan Paella - straight from the Devang House kitchens! Chef Priyam's recipe for this Spanish rice and vegetable dish includes easily available ingredients (for instance, order your organic vegetables home through our subscription), and it's substantial enough to serve as a main course. Happy cooking, and happy eating!
- Olive Oil (60 ml or 4 tbsp)
- Garlic, peeled sliced (2 tbsp)
- Onions, peeled and sliced (1/4 cup)
- Dry red chilies, deseeded (1 chili)
- Tomatoes, sliced (1/4 cup)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Idli rice (100 g raw or ½ cup)
- Saffron water (200 ml or 1 cup)
- Paprika (15 g or 1 tbsp)
- White Wine Vinegar (30 ml or 2 tbsp)
- Broccoli (6 florets)
- Green, Red, and Yellow bell peppers, sliced (1/2 cup)
- Asparagus, sliced (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- French Beans, sliced (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- Mushrooms, chopped (50 g or ¼ cup)
- Parsley, chopped (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- American Lemon, cut into wedges (1 lemon)
- Gather all the ingredients, wash and process vegetables.
- In a hot pan over medium flame, add 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté the garlic, onions and red chilies until garlic and onions are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Add the idli rice. Toss for a few seconds before adding the saffron water.
- Continue cooking on a medium flame and stir. Add paprika and white wine vinegar.
- Keep stirring – once the rice is 80 percent cooked, lower the flame.
- In another non-stick pan over medium flame, add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté all the vegetables: broccoli, bell peppers, asparagus, French Beans and mushrooms.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the vegetables and parsley and toss.
- Garnish with American Lemon wedges.
Image source: www.forksoverknives.com
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet.
Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.