Have you ever made a Thai Curry from scratch? This recipe from Devang's Executive Chef Priyam Kumar shares how you can make this delicious Asian dish using ingredients straight from Mother Nature. It's a favorite at Devang House, and now you can share it with your friends and family, too!
Thai curry paste:
- Galangal (Thai ginger), chopped 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Lemongrass, chopped, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Kaffir lime (Thai lemon leaves), chopped, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Fresh red chili, 50 g (3.5 tbsp)
- Lime juice, 20 ml (1.5 tbsp)
- Garlic, chopped, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Coriander roots, chopped, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Cumin, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Basil, chopped, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Sesame oil, 20 ml (4 tsp)
- Fresh coconut, coarsely chopped, 150 g (3/4 cup)
- Carrot, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Zucchini, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Baby corn, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Cherry tomatoes, 8 g (3 tomatoes)
- Pok choy, 20 g (1.5 tbsp)
- Salt, to taste
- Basil leaf, for garnish
1. Gather all the ingredients, wash and cut vegetables.
- In boiling water, add carrot. 15 seconds later, add baby corn. 45 seconds after that add zucchini. Add the pok choy after 40 additional seconds for 20 seconds.
- Then place all vegetables into an ice bath using a strainer.
- Cut fresh cherry tomatoes into halves.
2. To make the Thai curry paste: blend the Thai herbs (galangal, kaffir lime, lemongrass), coriander roots, garlic, cumin, basil, lime juice and red chili into a fine paste. Keep aside one leaf of kaffir lime and basil for garnishing.
3. In a hot pan, add sesame oil and cook the paste thoroughly. Once the paste is set, flavor it with an additional leaf of kaffir lime and basil.
4. In a small blender, place chopped coconut, add 60 ml (1/4 cup) water and blend thoroughly. Then strain through a muslin cloth.
5. In a hot pan, add the Thai curry paste and coconut milk and stir continuously. Add the blanched vegetables and cherry tomatoes and cook through. Add salt to taste.
6. Garnish with basil leaf and serve with steamed rice.
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet.
Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.