Image source: MyFoodStory.com
These vegan and gluten-free kebabs are the perfect snack for Navratri, and can also be enjoyed year-round! Chef Priyam shares the light and tasty snacks with us in a simple recipe that you can repeat at home.
- Bananas (Kerala or other variety, preferably raw), boiled and peeled (3 whole)
- Potato, boiled and peeled (2 whole)
- Mustard oil (40 ml or 8 tsp)
- Ginger, peeled and chopped (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- Tomatoes, chopped (60 g or 4 tbsp)
- Green chilies, chopped (5 g or 1 tsp, increase as per tolerance)
- Red chili powder (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Cumin powder (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Garam masala powder (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Rock salt (to taste)
- Coriander, chopped (60 g or 4 tbsp)
- Gather, weigh and chop all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mash the boiled bananas and potatoes together until completely mixed.
- In a hot pan over medium flame, add 10 ml (2 tsp) mustard oil and sauté the ginger, tomatoes and green chili until golden brown.
- Add spices (red chili, cumin, turmeric, and garam masala) and sauté. Remove into the bowl of potatoes and bananas. Mix together well.
- In a hot nonstick pan over medium flame, add 20 ml (4 tsp) mustard oil and cook the entire banana mixture together for a few minutes. Add salt, check for seasoning and mix in coriander.
- Once the flavor is set, remove into an empty bowl and form into 16 small, round patties.
- On a hot non-stick pan, add 10 ml (2 tsp) mustard oil and sear the patties for a minute on each side.
- Serve hot with chutney or a condiment of your choice.
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet!
Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.