Usher in the winter season with this deliciously healthy and nourishing risotto, made with winter vegetable butternut squash. It's the perfect lunch or dinner dish, served with a side of herb-crusted parmesan crostini or garlic bread.
- Pomace Olive Oil (20 ml or 1.5 tbsp)
- Garlic (30 g or 2 tbsp, chopped)
- Dried red chillies (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Rosemary (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Butternut Squash, roasted and pureed (1.5 cups)
- Rudrapur rice (2 cups cooked)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Parsley, chopped (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- Cherry Tomatoes (1/4 cup, halved)
- Mascarpone Cheese (15 g or 1 tbsp)
Serves 2-3 people
- Gather all ingredients and process vegetables.
- In a pan over medium flame, add olive oil, then crackle the garlic, chili and rosemary.
- Add the butternut squash puree, cook along with the spices.
- Add the rice and cook together. Mix well. Add salt and pepper, parsley and cherry tomatoes.
- Once the risotto is blended and consistency is creamy, add the mascarpone cheese. Serve hot.
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet. Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.
Priyam Kumar is Executive Chef at Devang House. He graduated from the Systematic Training and Education Program run by the Oberoi Hotels & Resorts. After 5 years of hands-on experience with the Oberoi group, he worked with celebrity chefs across New Delhi for 3 years. Priyam joined Devang to spread awareness among youth that healthy eating is the key to a holistic lifestyle and is here to spread the Joy of Being through his food.