Image source: simplyrecipes.com
To enjoy the numerous benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, try it in this hearty salad straight from the kitchens of Devang House! The European flavors of basil, sun-dried tomato and artichoke are balanced with a sweet and tart dressing of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Sundried tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- French beans, blanched (1 cup)
- Red bell peppers, roasted and diced (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- Basil, hand torn (10 leaves)
- Parsley, chopped (15 g or 1 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (15 ml or 1 tbsp)
- Apple cider vinegar (15 ml or 1 tbsp)
- Brown sugar (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Pepper (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (15 g or 1 tbsp)
- Black olives, chopped (10 g or 2 tsp)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (30 ml or 2 tbsp)
- Salt, to taste
- Garlic, peeled and chopped (30 g or 2 tbsp)
- Thyme (5 g or 1 tsp)
- Artichoke hearts (8 whole)
Serves 3-4 people
- Gather all the ingredients and process vegetables.
- In a bowl, add the sun-dried tomatoes, French beans, bell peppers, basil, parsley, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, half of the parmesan cheese, black olives, half of the extra virgin olive oil and salt. Whisk together well.
- In a hot pan, sauté garlic in remaining olive oil, add thyme and char grill the artichoke.
- Once complete, toss all the ingredients together.
- Plate the salad and finish with remaining Parmesan cheese and a sprig of parsley.
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet.
Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.