Sesame Khichdi is one of our signature dishes at Devang House - it combines traditional Indian home flavors with Asian notes of sesame oil, soy sauce and spring onions. This recipe, curated by our executive chef Priyam Kumar, shares the simplicity of this fusion dish!
- Unpolished white rice (70 g)
- Salt, to taste
- Beetroot, peeled and chopped (20 g or 1.5 tbsp)
- Brown sugar (15 g or 1 tbsp)
- White vinegar (15 ml or 1 tbsp)
- Sesame oil (15 ml or 1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (10 ml or 2 tsp)
- Spring onions, chopped (20 g or 1.5 tbsp)
- Gather all the ingredients. Chop the vegetables.
- In a pan, add water for boiling with salt. Cook the rice (for approximately 30 minutes).
- In another pan, while the rice is cooking, cook the chopped beetroot, brown sugar, salt and vinegar over medium flame to make a relish.
- Once the rice is cooked, ensure a very little amount of liquid is left. If excess, strain out a little.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce and spring onions to the rice mixture and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Once the khichdi has a thick consistency, plate it in a shallow bowl and top with the relish.
We recommend you buy all ingredients Organic for a healthy and nourishing meal for you and the planet.
Order your Organic foods at www.devang.house/pages/subscription.